As we transition into June, many of the crops across the Northwest appear to be in good shape. Wheat conditions across the Northwest continue to look good.
According to NASS, 11% of Winter Wheat in Oregon is considered very-poor to poor with the remaining rated Fair to Excellent. In Washington, 2% of the winter wheat crop is considered poor, with the remaining 98% fair or higher. Spring wheat figures show similar results in both states.
Looking at Potatoes, in Oregon, 64% of the crop is considered Good to Excellent, and none of the Oregon crop is labeled as very-poor to poor. In Washington, 15% of the potato crop is very-poor to poor, and none of the crop is considered excellent.
Looking at onions, 8% of Oregon’s crop is considered poor, with the remaining Fair to Excellent. Meanwhile, 11% of Washington’s onion crop is considered poor, with the remaining Fair to Excellent.
For additional numbers, visit NW Crop Numbers.
If you have a story idea for the Washington Ag Network, call (509) 547-1618, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org